The Outstanding Rural and Public Health Award recipients for 2018 were recognized at the 2018 Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health’s annual banquet on June 14 at the Alerus Center.
Rural Health Awards
- Theo Stoller, CEO of Jacobson Memorial Care Center in Elgin, was selected for the Outstanding Rural Health Professional award.
- Gary Ramage, MD, McKenzie County Healthcare Systems, Watford City, was selected for the Outstanding Rural Health Provider award.
- Marilyn Evenson, Retired Nurse, Mountrail County Health Center in Stanley, was selected for the Outstanding Rural Health Volunteer award.
- Karen Clementich, MS, RN, Nursing Program Director & Associate Professor of Nursing at Lake Region State College, and Deb McAvoy, MSN, RN, Clinical Faculty & Site Manager, Dakota Nursing Program at Bismarck State College, were selected for the Outstanding Rural Educator/Mentor award.
- Joshua C. Ranum, MD, West River Health Services in Hettinger, was selected for the Emerging Rural Leader award.
- Telemedicine Services at Altru Health Systems in Grand Forks was selected as the Outstanding Rural Health Program award.
- West River Health Services in Hettinger was selected as the R-COOL-Health Scrubs Camp of the Year.
Public Health Awards
- Jacob Davis, Tribal Programming Director, Prevent Child Abuse North Dakota in Fargo, was named the Public Health Worker of the Year.
- Holly Mayer-Taft, Public Health Nurse, Indian Health Services in Parshall, was selected for the Outstanding Service award.
- HPV Quality Improvement Project at Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health, was selected as the Public Health Team of the Year.
For more information about the Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health visit ruralhealth.und.edu/dakota-conference
The Dakota Conference is a joint effort by Altru Health Systemof Grand Forks, the North Dakota Public Health Association, the North Dakota Rural Health Association, the University of North Dakota (UND) College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines, and the Center for Rural Health at the UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences.