The Distance Learning and Telemedicine (DLT) Program provides grants to encourage and improve telemedicine and distance learning services in rural areas through the use of telecommunications, computer networks, and related advanced technologies to be used by students, teachers, medical professionals, and rural residents.
Grants are for projects where the benefit is primarily delivered to end users that are not at the same location as the source of the education or healthcare service.
Grant funds may be used to:
- Acquire equipment and other capital assets:
- Broadband transmission facilities
- Audio, video, and interactive video equipment
- Terminal and data terminal equipment
- Computer hardware, network components, and software
- Inside wiring and similar infrastructure that further DLT services
- Acquire instructional programming
- Acquire technical assistance and instruction for using eligible equipment
Application Deadline: July 23, 2020