|We are entering our 10th year and we are in need of your support. The reason the ND Center for Nursing is placing a call for support is due to a major change in the NDCFN funding.
At the April 23, 2020 North Dakota Board of Nursing Meeting, the board approved a funding allocation of $0 for the ND Center for Nursing (NDCFN) for the 2020-2021 year. For information including a summary of the NDBON discussion click to see meeting minutes.
Nurse License fees has formed the base funding infrastructure for the ND Center for Nursing since 2012 when $30/nurse was distributed to the NDCFN through the administrative rules process. This amount has reduced over the years. This provided 41% of our operating revenue last year.
The North Dakota Center for Nursing was created to provide a unified vision of nursing excellence across 21,000+ nursing, over 40 nursing organization, nursing programs, state government agencies and other critical stakeholders.
- This is a critical year for nursing in North Dakota with the legislature convening in January and the impact of the NDCFN shared advocacy and Nurses Day at the Legislature.
- The NDCFN provides communication across ND among all of the nursing associations which serve on our Board of Directors and Leadership Team in order to provide a unified voice.
- The NDCFN is nearing completion of an innovative nursing workplace designation system with a group of almost 50 nurses to ensure that ND’s healthcare facilities provide the best environment for nurses. Every nurse will have the opportunity to provide comment to the new system.
- The NDCFN also provides workforce research to inform public policy, continuing education, support to nursing education programs and scholarships/nursing information for the next generation of nurses.
To continue this critical work in the coming year we need your help in 2 ways:
- As a part of a pivoting strategy to develop more a more comprehensive funding plan, we need your quick answer to one question:
If the ND Center for Nursing went away- what would you miss? Click to answer.
Look for additional opportunities for you to help develop the future of the ND Center for Nursing in the next couple of months.
North Dakota Center for Nursing Board of Directors