Associate Dean of Nursing, Operations
Internal applications accepted through 6/3/19
The Associate Nursing Dean-Operations is responsible for assisting the Dean of Nursing in the development and implementation of long-term quality program(s) and working collaboratively with all members of the nursing/campus team. To effectively render support, the Associate Nursing Dean-Operations must be familiar with the processes of teaching and program evaluation to identify gaps and take action to improve program quality, enhance current systems, define and prioritize high-value quality projects and manage projects to completion. This role is responsible for promoting and supporting the vision and mission of Rasmussen College and is designated and authorized to act in behalf of the Dean of Nursing in his/her absence. Minimum expectations include focus on the following areas:
- Student Outreach and Support
- Service to College & Community
- Professional Development
Nursing Program(s) Governance 50%
- Directly support the mission and purpose of the governing organization and the mission and purpose of a nursing education unit in the achievement of a nursing program’s end-of-program student learning outcomes and program outcomes.
- Conducts faculty observations and coaching, mentoring, and evaluating faculty members and staff under the direction of the School of Nursing Dean
- Oversees on-boarding and nursing orientation of new faculty to all learning environments as directed by the School of Nursing Dean
- Assists the Dean of Nursing in organizing and scheduling faculty and staff work assignments.
- Attends campus meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings as designated by the Dean of Nursing including but not limited to: pinning ceremonies; college graduations, community events, programmatic meetings, committee meetings.
- Maintains a professional image, attitude, work area, and communication style at all times; exhibits professional behavior, language, communication, demeanor and dress at all times.
- Facilitates positive communication and develops collegial relationships with students, faculty, staff, and clinical partners to promote positive learning environments.
- Maintains high performance standards for self that support the overall strategic plan and vision of the School of Nursing and College and holds self-accountable for achieving results.
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all institutional, governmental, and accreditation policies, regulations, and codes of conduct at all times.
- Responds in a timely and appropriate manner to all nursing students, faculty, and staff requests for information and/or guidance
- Provides instruction and evaluates student learning in assigned courses.
- (For more details, see Instructor position description.)
Outcome Attainment 10%
- Participates in tracking key academic metrics used to monitor performance of the nursing programs including but not limited to: NCLEX pass rates, program completion rates, and graduation rates as guided by the Program Performance Report.
- Participates in the development of action plans to address any areas not meeting the program standards.
- Assists the Dean of Nursing/Faculty in assessing clinical site satisfaction and addressing opportunities for improvement.
Curriculum Supervision 10%
- Contributes in sustaining and delivering school curricula in accordance with programmatic accreditation standards and strategic planning goals.
- Assists the Dean of Nursing to ensure documented program and course assessments are monitored and maintained to ensure excellence and integrity of the programs.
Student Success 10%
- Provides advising/counseling to nursing students related to concerns or conduct issues under the direction of the Dean.
- Assists the Dean of Nursing to represent Rasmussen College and the School of Nursing to students, professional organizations, partners, the healthcare community, and other relevant constituencies.
- Assists the Dean of Nursing in creating high levels of student engagement through activities, community building, and student-centered learning.
The Associate Nursing Dean – Operations reports to the Dean of Nursing and will assist the Dean of Nursing with the fulfillment of the goals of the nursing education unit and achieving a nursing program’s end-of-program student learning outcomes and program outcomes. Roles and responsibilities of this position may include budgeting, scheduling, personnel matters, curriculum matters, instruction, development, student arbitration, resource matters, faculty oversight, and other academic matters in the assigned program. The Associate Nursing Dean – Operations may provide formal supervision and direct management of more than 51% of the work units assigned to the Associate Nursing Dean – Operations are in the role of program administration and operations.
Education, Experience, & Requirements
- DNP is required
- Hold and maintain all educational qualifications required by the governing organization, the state, and the governing organization’s accrediting agency.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN/MAN) from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 year-experience required as a faculty member in a professional nursing education program and/or higher education administration.
- Minimum of 1 year of management experience within the nursing field.
- Minimum of 2+ years full-time or equivalent direct care experience as a practicing nurse.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point and/or Prezi.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise in the teaching modality and the assigned classroom, laboratory, and/or clinical teaching responsibilities.
- Demonstrated track-record of organizational/team/individual development.
- Proven ability to manage day-to-day business operations with discipline and a keen focus on details and the comprehension thereof
How to apply