The Manager 6 North Orthopedics and 1st Floor Altru Specialty Center is responsibility for multiple departments. Achieving a high level of autonomy with the department’s professional staff, the Manager champions the behavior standards and motivates units to achieve strategic initiatives.
The position manages, develops, and oversees daily operations including achieving operating and capital budgets, coding for maximum reimbursement, appropriate billing practices and service delivery to stakeholders. Position oversees all human resource functions to include hiring, training, performance reviews and recognition and reward. Develops and champions department performance and behavioral standards and works to continually improve quality of services. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements and holds leaders and staff accountable for meeting goals. Utilizes and applies quality process improvement principles in achieving administrative responsibilities.
Job Dimension & Assigned Areas
Leader will have direct accountability for managing resources through proper budgeting, planning, utilization, evaluation and corrective action in accordance with established policies, procedures and practices for the following assigned departments and/or other primary areas of responsibility:
6 North Orthopedics and 1st Floor Altru Specialty Center
Essential Job Functions
Contributes to and supports short and long-range goals for departments/division and is responsible for measurable outcomes and effective use of resources. Supports program and service development in response to both internal and external stakeholders. Analyzes department-related data and develops appropriate action plans to resolve variances from goals.
Develops and meets capital and operating budget targets. Seeks out operational efficiencies and involves employees and physicians in workforce redesign as appropriate to better serve the patient as well as create a workplace that employees can function at their highest competency and productivity. Teaches and engages employees in department financial improvement and performance.
Recruits, develops, retains and leads a talented team of leadership and staff committed to accomplishing the goals of Altru Health System. Oversees all human resource activities including recruitment, retention, performance reviews and disciplinary actions. Develops, revises and implements administrative policies, procedures, guidelines and job descriptions. Acts as a mentor and promotes professional growth of employees. Takes responsibility for personal growth and development and meets all system education requirements.
Builds consensus with the Medical Staff, working in cooperation and collaboration with physicians, advance practice providers, and/or Department Chairs on related strategy and program initiatives.
Practices process improvement principles and oversees improvement of the quality of the services and patient care provided. Maintains competency in all organizational, department standards relevant to services provided and ensures compliance. Manages processes to ensure all regulatory standards are met as well as works to prevent potential legal risk to Altru Health System as appropriate. Accesses internal resources to assist in adhering to standards as well as ensures staff understands expectations.
Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Demonstrates understanding and follows infection control policies and procedures according to standard operating procedure.
- Maintains requirements for age specific competencies for the position and demonstrates the knowledge or principles of growth and developments and the skills necessary to provide patient/customer care/services.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of and compliance with:
- All pertinent safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Working safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- The work environment safety procedures and prompt reporting of unsafe practices, procedures, accidents, injuries or other safety violations to the Leader.
- The use of all safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
- Integrity: We will always do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Acknowledge: We will create a welcoming, healing environment.
- Meaningful: We will provide an exceptional patient experience.
- Accountable: We will accept responsibility for our actions and behaviors.
- Listen: We will listen and seek to understand.
- Team: We will work together to deliver world-class care.
- Respect: We will treat each other with respect.
- Understand: We will seek to understand and respond genuinely.
Education, Experience, & Requirements
Registered Nurse-ND and MN
Bachelor's in Nursing Preferred
Master's in Business Preferred
3 Years of Nursing Leadership Preferred
How to apply