Here at Community Health Service, Inc (CHSI), our mission is to provide high quality health care to the overlooked and underserved. Sound rewarding? You bet it is! If you are looking for more than just a "job" and want to invest your time making an impact on the lives of others, this is your chance to join our CHSI team!
WHAT DO WE DO?
CHSI is a private, non-profit organization established in 1973 to serve the health needs of migrant & seasonal farm workers and their family members. Today, CHSI has expanded services and provides mental & physical healthcare to all individuals in our communities. Our services are provided on a more affordable sliding fee scale to those who are under-insured or un-insured. We also accept ND and MN Medicaid, Medicare, and most private insurance plans. We currently operate four nurse-managed clinics, two mobile medical units, and two victim advocacy program centers in Minnesota & North Dakota.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are on the search for a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Grafton, ND team. In a Registered Nurse (RN) role at CHSI, you would assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records, and administer nursing care to patients. This role will be responsibility for:
- Advising patients on health maintenance & disease prevention, & providing case management.
- Implementing and maintaining our Health Center activities.
- Instituting health education, outreach, and follow-up services for patients.
- Providing referrals for specialized medical and/or dental services.
- Acting as liaison between patients and provider community to ensure services are adequate.
- Establishing an awareness of medical and dental needs and problems of underserved populations.
- Maintaining problem-oriented medical records of patients and families.
- Communicating with provider regarding patient’s needs, the nursing assessments, and recommendations as needed.
- Collaborating with other nurses and health team members to ensure the patient’s well-being.
Education, Experience, & Requirements
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT?
In addition to being a wonderful team member and advocate to patients, we are seeking an individual with the below qualifications:
- Ability to bend and crouch occasionally, sit continuously, and stand or walk frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use hands/arms, feet/legs for repetitive fine to large motor skill movements.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in nursing from an accredited school.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Ability to adapt to flexible schedule, including infrequent evening hours and travel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and auto insurance.
- Experience with Centricity or other EMRs (Electronic Medical Records) a plus.
- Public Health Nurse Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of socio-economic and health problems of underserved populations is advantageous.
- Cooperation: pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Attention to Detail: being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity: being honest and ethical.
- Dependability: reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self-Control: maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
Salary & Benefits
WHAT ARE THE PERKS, YOU ASK?
CHSI promotes a healthy work/life balance for employees through a generous time off program. Those eligible are offered:
- Snow Days: If the local public schools are closed/delayed due to storms, our CHSI employees in that area will have the day off/get to sleep in.
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Starts at 14 days per year and jumps to 19 days by year two!
- Personal Days Off (PDO): In addition to PTO, we offer 4 paid personal days each year.
- Paid Holidays: CHSI offers 8.5 days of holiday pay.
CHSI also provides retirement, medical, and insurance plans to employees. Those eligible may enroll in:
- 401K Retirement Plan, with a 4% company match!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- HSA Health Savings Account and/or Flexible Spending Account
- Life & Disability Insurance (Short Term Disability premiums paid by CHSI)
- Pet Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Benefits
Loan Reimbursement Options: Our employees who work in clinical positions may be eligible for loan reimbursement of up to $145,000 through the National Health Service Corps! Visit www.nhsc.hrsa.gov for more information.
How to apply
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
If this role is a great fit for your skills & personality, please complete our quick online application at https://chsiclinics.applicantpro.com
CHSI is an EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran friendly employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
CHSI facilities are deemed under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).