ND Center for Nursing Future Nurse Scholarship Program
The ND Center for Nursing is proud to announce a new and unique nursing scholarship program. This program is supported through generous donations received during Giving Hearts Day.
Each scholarship winner will receive $500 towards tuition/fees and will have the opportunity to attend the ND Center for Nursing Annual Conference where they will be paired up with a mentor. Scholarship winners will also have access to future leadership opportunities through inclusion on the ND Center for Nursing Leadership Team.
- ND High School Seniors that are planning to enroll at a ND College or University and declare a pre-nursing major (public, private or tribal)
- ND College and University pre-nursing majors that have been accepted into a nursing program
- Current ND College and University undergraduate program nursing students
- Current ND College and University graduate program nursing students
- Award winners will be notified by May 31, 2019 and scholarships paid to the awardee’s college/university in August. Awardees should plan to attend the ND Center for Nursing Annual Conference.
In addition to the application form, a recommendation letter is required from a non-family member (such as a teacher, employer, counselor, advisor, community activity leader) submitted via email to Patricia Moulton, PhD Executive Director of the ND Center for Nursingat patricia.moulton@
How to Apply
Currently applications are closed for 2019. More information will be posted when applications open for 2020.
Additional Scholarships, Loans, and Grants
Below is a listing of various scholarships, loan repayment programs, and grants available to nurses in North Dakota as well some some federal programs that provide further financial aid support.
- ND Career Builders: Skilled workforce scholarship and student loan repayment program
- Loan Repayment Programs for Nurses (Administered by ND Dept of Health)
- North Dakota Board of Nursing Education Loan Program
- ND Academic and Career and Technical Education Scholarships
- Xi Kappa Chapter-at-Large: Martha Vorvick Berge Memorial Scholarship
- North Dakota Association of Home Care: Susan Arneson Scholarship Information
- NADONA/LTC Scholorship- Due August 31st
- North Dakota Long Term Care Association Allan B. Engen Nurse Scholarship
- Financial Aid Resource Publications from the U.S. Department of Education
- National Health Service Corp Loan Repayment Program
- North Dakota University System Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Grants
- Bank of North Dakota Student Loan Services: www.mystudentloanonline.nd.gov
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): www.fafsa.ed.gov
- HRSA Nursing Loan Repayment Program
- Indian Health Services Scholarships: http://www.ihs.gov/scholarship/
- Indigenous Wisdom in Nursing Program
- Online RN to BSN $1,000 Scholarship Challenge